|Louis Sullivan Building|
|Algona's Louis Sullivan-designed building, one of only eight such architectural masterpieces in the Midwest, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. This historic building is home to the Algona Area Chamber of Commerce. Commissioned and built in 1913 by Algona businessman Henry C. Adams as a land and loan office the structure, located at 123 East State Street, has been the object of architectural interest for decades.
Adams hired Sullivan, whose most famous pupil was Frank Lloyd Wright, at a time when Sullivan had branched into designing rural banks. Between 1906 and 1920, he designed eight such Midwest facilities. The Algona building is featured in numerous textbooks and studies. One of Sullivan's best-known works is the Carson Pirie Scott department store in Chicago.